Tuesday, February 17, 2009

1st post (written on 2-12-09)


Hey, all,

It's Elder Barnard (Aaron). I've been at the Missionary Training Center in Provo for a week now. To those who have written me so far, keep up the good work! To those who haven't, I can only assume yours was lost in the mail or is currently in the mail right now. Yeah, that seems the only logical excuse.... Now, I want this plainly understood, this blog is no substitute for letters, either to or from me. (half-joking) :p


Anyway, I'm here at the MTC and doing great. I miss the comforts of home, but strangely enough I'm loving having my days scheduled out in our little planner. Oh, no one is allowed to let me know what happens in any movie or TV show while I'm gone. So anyway, there'll be more later, and I wish you all luck with whatever.

--Elder Barnard


[A note from Mom, who is passing on these posts from Aaron's letters:]

He really is doing great. As a matter of fact, "great" is one of the words he has used to describe the MTC: great and awesome. He's enjoying the scripture study, the structure, his district, and the MTC choir in which he is singing. At this point he only has a little over a week left before leaving for Fresno. Family, he will start sending out e-mails after that, but according to his last letter, he really appreciates real letters. So keep those coming. Here is the address you need to use in Fresno:

Elder Aaron Glenn Barnard

1814 N Echo Av.

Fresno, CA 93704-6046


Here is a picture taken at the temple when Aaron received his endowment.

No comments:

Post a Comment