Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009

Well, here I am again. Elder Whitney is home and my new companion's name is Elder Jorgensen. He's from northern Virginia and has been out roughly eight months. He's 6'4", so that's nice. It's so weird; I'm driving now because he isn't allowed. I know the area pretty well now that I'm in charge of it because I'm the one that's had to find everything so far. I actually scraped up the hub cap this morning pulling up to the library, on a curb...yikes. I take a relatively new car and put the first flaw in it...poo. Well, at least it wasn't the bumper or something. The work in the area has slowed down lately. When I first got here we had a couple of baptisms coming up and we were teaching several people, now we're almost back to ground zero. So Elder Jorgensen and I are changing things up and visiting mainly with members and less-active members to get the ward excited about missionary work again. Before, we had only been visiting people and a lot of potentials that really weren't interested. It'll be good. I've been keeping an active journal, thus far. It's more about my thoughts and impressions about the day than actually names and things. On Easter we did work as usual. Our message was just more on the lines of the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. I'm not sure when I'll be calling on Mother's Day. I don't even know when it is, to be honest. But I will be calling. I may know before that time comes. I haven't gotten the package yet, but I probably will on Thursday. All packages get sent to the mission office where they then get distributed. Instead of forwarding them like they do letters, the assistants give them to the zone leaders who give them out when they're in the area. So I'm thinking since we have zone meeting on Thursday, I'll probably get it then. Karen, when I think of your Huggabunch thing, my first thought is Heart and Souls. Then it goes to whichever King's Quest game it was with the freezing iceberg lettuce that you throw into the boiling puddle so you can cross. Man...I suddenly want to play those games really bad! Oh well, I think I can resist the urge. We haven't had an area map with the pins in it yet, that tell you where everyone lives, which would have been very helpful, but we're going to make one this transfer. It'll make coordination a whole lot easier. I need to start taking pictures again soon. I haven't taken hardly any since leaving the MTC. Granted I've been extremely busy with no time to take pictures, and not really much to take them of...but still. Although I'm still always tired, I'm no longer falling asleep all day long. Church doesn't count, does it? Anyway, things are going great here and I hope everyone else is doing well too.
--Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment