Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27, 2009

Wow...so much is going on back home. It sounds like everyone is really busy. I got a ton of letters written last week, as well as did Elder Dickson. We took a picture of all our letters stacked up. I have a ton more to write today as well. I've been slacking.

Well, as far as my bike is concerned, I got the spoke replaced and back in the same day, which is really good. Saturday I got a flat by running over a carpenter's nail and blowing it out, along with several goatheads (They're everywhere. If you don't know what they are, look them up...nasty things.) We tried several times to patch it, with no success. It just kept leaking. Either we aren't good at patching holes, the patches are junk, or the hole was too big to easily patch (it was actually all three). I got cash back when I bought the patches at Wal-Mart on Saturday, so that covered the bike repairs when I broke the two spokes. This morning we went to the bike shop and my debit card wouldn't work. It works at Wal-Mart and the other bike shop, but this is the second time I tried using it at this one in particular and it just doesn't like it. The guy standing behind me insisted on paying for me, so after half-hearted "Oh, I couldn't make you do that..." (I couldn't used cash for now,) I relented. It was really nice of him. He told me that he was spending enough money there that another ten dollars wouldn't break him. He was either buying or having his road bike repaired. So I have a new tube, and will put it in this afternoon. This isn't the last thing that will have to be repaired in the somewhat near future on this thing, I can promise you. We'll see.

I got word that someone we were teaching in Modesto now has a baptism date of August 8th, so I hope that works out well. Oh yeah, speaking of, the lady that was going to be baptized on Friday backed out and rescheduled it for the 28th of August. A lot of stuff came up in this last week for her with her son's health, her own health, and various other things. None of it was a surprise though. Things inevitably come up right before baptism for people. It's to be expected. I made a picture CD (or CDs) at Walgreen’s last Monday and I'll pick them up today and mail them. This week will be pretty busy. We have zone meeting on Wednesday, president interviews on Thursday, baptisms for the dead for our recent convert, Alice, on Saturday, and a zone activity to the Sequoia National Park on Monday "most likely". If we do go there, I'm not sure, again, if I'll have an email written. I don't know anything about it, so I don't know if I'll have the time to get to the library. I'm excited to go to the temple for sure. I'm not sure if it'll just be to witness or if we'll do any, but I hope we get to actually do some. I haven't done any since I was maybe 17. Also, of course, I'm hoping to get to go to the sequoias. That'll be another picture CD right there.

It's crazy. It's already just about four weeks into the transfer, and almost the end of July already. Elder Dickson's birthday is the 30th. He says that he turned 12 on the same year that the first Harry Potter book came out, so he's exactly a day older than Harry Potter. My birthday is just around the corner. Oh yeah, thanks so much for the packages, Mom & Dad and Karen & Mike! I went ahead and opened them in case they were something I could use. And they were, so there we are! :) I'm about to be twenty-four. Twenty-four and single...I'm about to officially become a "menace to society". I didn't mean for it to happen, I'm just a bad seed, I guess. What'd'ya gonna do?

A member gave us a bunch of peaches from her tree in front, so we bought ice cream today, and we'll slice ‘em up and sugar them and make a day of it. I've also recently discovered how awesome kiwis are. I also have a new thing for milk. When I started my mission, I bought a half gallon just so I would get calcium or whatever. Then I started getting a gallon when I started buying cereal for the morning. Maybe it's now that it's getting hotter (it's been in the 100s and 110s for like two weeks straight or something), but I need to drink more and I'm tired of water. So I went to two gallons last week and had to ration myself. I bought three this week. It should do me fine. I hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment