Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11, 2009

Aaron with a family from Modesto
Aaron with a giraffe from Modesto

Well, I have to make this quick, unfortunately. The Visalia library is now closed on Mondays so we'll have to e-mail Tuesday or something. Today is my birthday. Yay! I'm now 24, single, and a menace to society, and proud of it. On the 30th was Elder Dickson's birthday and I had bike trouble. Today is mine, and his is the one that was in trouble. It's fixed now though, but I guess he didn't want to break tradition.

We went to the Sequoia National Park last Monday on a zone activity. It was a lot of fun and made me awfully sore. Good stuff. I'm being transferred tomorrow to Visalia 1st ward. I'm currently in the 2nd, so I guess it's a step up. My new companion's name is Elder Bean. I sort of know him, but more know of him. He's a district leader, so that will be different. There will be more exchanges and more planning on my part. :Þ It'll be good. As much as I hate the planning part, I need to get proficient at it. Elder Dickson (my current companion) will be training this next transfer. It'll probably be good for him.

Yesterday was a good preparation day. We got a lot of stuff done around the apartment, cleaning, etc. I got several letters written too. In the evening we had two really good lessons and two really good church tours (which I had never done, but works really well). Right before I leave, some of our investigators start showing a little bit of promise. It'll be good. Hey looky there, Elder Bean and his companion came in just now to use the internet. It's strange knowing who your companion is. Every other time it's been people I haven't heard of before.

Oh yeah, on the 4th of August, I hit my 6 month mark on the mission. Wow, I'm an oldie. Well, not really. The way everyone seems to see missionaries is as follows. If you're 0 to 12 months, you're a greeny, plain and simple. If you've been out for 12 to 18 months, you're experienced enough. If you're 18 to 24 months, you're trunky. As far as I can gather, this is the way it goes. I really have to run now, but I hope everyone is doing well.

--Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you are staying busy and after 6 months I would say you are not green anymore. Wow, you guys get to go to national parks, I'm jealous. Keep up the great Lord's work Elder Barnard.

    Josh Jackson
    The LDS Blogosipher and Fitness Buff
    Get Buff on your mission by clicking here

    ReplyDelete