Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 22, 2009

Saturday night came and went, and they hadn't finished deliberating (apparently) on transfers. Sunday night we got the call and both Elder Bean and I will be staying here in the Visalia 1st Ward. It's good. There's still a lot I need to learn from the area as well as from Elder Bean. It's his last transfer, so I have a pretty free reign on everything he says. No matter what he says, it turns out, I can twist it to make it sound like he's expressing how trunky he is. It's always fun.

To make it more comfortable while typing and to give my skin a break from my wrist brace, I took it off. Unfortunately, two weeks of my wrist being isolated from the sun has turned it back to a white/pink state. It's a definite contrast to my tan. Not only that, but it's in a weird V-shape and makes it look unhealthy. I put it back on. I'll be keeping it that way in public, I think.

Bryana Ervin was to be baptized on Saturday. It turned out that she wanted to go ahead with it and get it done. Unfortunately, after we finished all the lessons and got all the paperwork done and everything prepared, her father wouldn't give his consent. It was pretty much a total bummer. The mission is currently at 596 baptisms as of last night. It's crunch time, so we've been doing a whole lot more finding. It's a good goal because it makes us stretch.

As it was the beginning of a new transfer this week, I spent some of my preparation time putting pictures on, and protecting my planner with packing tape. Unfortunately, this took more time than I had anticipated, and before I knew it, with everything else that was done, I found I didn't have time to write any letters. This next preparation day will have several written...promise.

On Sunday, they had the primary presentation. The last one of those I went to was for Salem. There's a big difference between 10 and like 100 kids. The primary is huge here. That, and the Spanish-speaking branch also were there because the primary and Sunday school classes are combined. I guess all the kids are bi-lingual, just not the parents. Knowing Spanish would definitely be a great tool here. This next week will be good. I hope everyone else is doing great.
--Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment