Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 20, 2009

Wow, it's cold today. Well, I guess that all depends on your circumstance. It's probably only in the 60s, but around here, that's absolutely freezing. I'm looking for that Guam weather, I hear so much about. It's especially cold when you're wearing a short-sleeve dress shirt with no jacket. I'm going to need a light weight jacket sometime soon. Maybe next Monday I'll stop by a thrift store and see if they have anything. If not, I may have to get something at Wal-Mart or somewhere. The trench I have isn't as handy for every day use.

We don't have a new ward mission leader, yet. It's an interesting situation. Transfer calls are a week from Saturday. It'll be then that I know if I'm staying or going, or what's going on.

I wrote letters to all those who were baptized in Modesto after I left (which is 8), yesterday. I wrote a couple more letters to family. This next Monday, more get sent out. *pinky swear* I know I say that every week, but every week I mean to.

It was nice to see that pictures of the fall colors and things. Around here, nothing is really changing colors at all. There are some leaves that are just now beginning to fall, but nothing major. The last few mornings when we looked out, it had been pretty foggy. It's kind of a foretaste of what's to come, I think.

This week I'm on/will be on three exchanges. There's nothing like waiting till the last minute. For Halloween...I'm not sure what we'll be doing. We're having dinner with a family who has already offered to let us stay at their home for the evening while they have some kind of party... I'd really rather stay back at the apartment and get some things done. I'll have to buy candy next Monday, maybe. Maybe I'll fill a pillowcase with it and we can take turns knocking on the bedroom door and getting candy. I don't know...sounds like some fun to me! Elder Bean has two weeks until he goes home. I'm taking it easier on him now...more than I was anyway. :) He's doing pretty good though. He hasn't gotten trunky at all on me, so that's really good. Well, I'm currently staying healthy and happy, and I wish everyone else the same.
--Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment