Friday, December 4, 2009

November 30,2009

I'm so excited. Destiny is getting baptized tomorrow. It's been so long. Everyone has waited until I left, thus far. It's going to be really good. I haven't bought any of those clothes I was going to, yet. I should be doing that right after I leave here. I feel like such a wuss here. I doubt it's gotten below 50 here and I'm freezing. I got too acclimated to the summer I think. Elder Jackson is fine. It'll be really cold and he'll go outside in just the short sleeves and no jacket and love it. It's probably for the best. He goes home in just over two weeks to Illinois, so it'll likely be much colder.

Thanksgiving was good. We spent dinner at a member's home with their family. It was weirder that it was a bigger family dinner and we weren't part of the family, but it was fun. Thanksgiving, to me, has always been the kickoff for the Christmas season, as I may have said before. We found another part-member/less-active family this week that are excited to take the lessons and to get involved in the church. It was great, and I'm excited to start really teaching them.

I'll hit my 10 month mark this week. I'll be into the double digits. I feel like I'm a little kid saying I'm nine and three quarters months old. As I was thinking of writing that, the whole Harry Potter - Platform 9 3/4 came to mind. I had to laugh. What they say is right though. After the initial six months in the mission, the rest seem to fly by. The days are sometimes long, but the weeks are short. I still find it hard to believe that it's the last day in November, as just last week I was saying how I can't believe it's the last day in October, etc, back to like July or something.

My ankle and wrist are doing fine. My ankle is still swollen and a little tender, but has full range of motion and is doing fine. That's about it. I hope all are doing well.

Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Yo Twinkbat!!!!.... I mean AHEM.... Elder Barnard ;)! I might have known that you would be having a fantablous mission! Embry is doing well, infact she is running, jumping and dancing! It's amazing! Brian is good too and so am I. I was going to write you an actual paper letter, but was told that I might get you in trouble dependent on your mission president. Anyway.. It sounds like you are doing a really good job as a missionary and I (as well as everyone else) am so proud that you chose to go on a mission. Still.... if they are not feeding you right and you need food (yes, pizza is an essential food group!) or anything for that matter, you know we are here to support you. It's kinda cool to be able to bust out the Happy Tree Friends Moose shirt, look at it, and think about all the people's lives that you are changing for the better and about all the good/cool things you get to do as an Elder. I still can not believe that it has been 10 months! WOW! And for the wrist and ankle, try Icy Hot and Yoga, seriously! Once again, so proud! I can't even say how much!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete