Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Before you read this, let me tell you that Aaron is alright. He's not sick or injured; the doctor was just checking up on something. So now you can read this without freaking out.
--Mom


I left the mission. Now, before anyone freaks out, I was allowed to. President Gonzalez set up a doctor's appointment for me in Stockton, which is about 30-40 minutes outside of our mission boundaries. Elder Daniels and I were the first missionaries, apparently, to leave the mission boundaries in about a year. Missionaries used to be allowed to go to the Oakland Temple if someone they taught was going there to get their endowment or get sealed. It was a fun trip with lots of pictures of signs to show our apostateness.

We had a few people flag us down this week, which is out of the norm. We'll be seeing how much fruit comes from that in this following week. The less-active man who came to church last Sunday and brought his friend--we took them on a church tour on Thursday and committed him to baptism. I love how they can work like that. Granted he didn't come to church Sunday, but we'll be seeing about that.

We had a zone conference on Tuesday. It's weird that they're monthly, but it's really good that they're so often and smaller groups. It allows for a lot more interaction. It's starting to get pretty foggy, but apparently the fog hasn't really started, so I'll get to see what blanketed fog really is soon enough. I'm out of time as I'm on an express internet computer. I hope everyone is doing great!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment