Saturday, April 3, 2010

March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

No coat is such a nice luxury. It may have dipped into the 20s a couple of points into the winter, but only a couple. Most of the time it was cold enough to need a coat, but only a lightweight jacket that would cut the wind. Most of the time it seemed to stay in the 40s and 50s most days. It should still rain a little, later on, but for the most part, it shouldn't rain too much more until maybe September or October. I'm not looking forward to the summer months, but I will be glad when I don't have to worry about being rained on for awhile.

I never got out to the portion of our area with the almond orchards. I'm sure the blossoms have fallen and the leaves are coming on by now. It's interesting here, though, because when it's maybe 45 degrees, it feels great and there isn't too much need for a coat (unless you're biking and need it due to the added wind).

I can't believe it's already two weeks into the new transfer. It's almost like I'm in a bobsled, speeding along. We had our zone conference on Tuesday, which, as always, went really well. I liked this one especially, because there wasn't a single role play where we broke off and pretended. It was all instruction, study, and council.

This month, the mission has been focusing on study skills. Every month (it did change every transfer, but now it's every month) we have a mission-wide focus. March, the focus is on learning to study more effectively and all that from chapter 2 in Preach My Gospel. It's interesting and my study is a lot more satisfying.

I'm looking forward to general conference coming up. I can't believe it's only a couple weeks away. It seems quite recently that the October one happened. What made me even more shocked is when I realized that Mother's Day is only about a couple months away. It seems like Christmas just happened and I had just called home. It'll be crazy.

We committed to playing dodge ball, today. We'll be spending our afternoon playing that. It'll be a good day.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment