Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Temple and Fly Catching -- What a week!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Sunday was pretty much a normal day for us. We had dinner at a member's home and they had so much food! They had tri-tip (which I'll wager none of you know what that is, but everyone here loves--it's some kind of cut from the cow. It's really good, but they seem to only eat it here.) and things like that, but I mostly ate the fruit. I was pretty excited about the massive amounts of it that were available. It was a fun dinner.

We went to the temple, this morning. It still amazes me how small it is, but I imagine I'll be amazed going back to the St. Louis one, as well.

I caught a fly the other day. I have had companions who could catch flies pretty well, but I've never been able to do it. We were at a member's home and there were a couple of flies that had come into the house with us. I snatched it out of the air, but didn't think I had actually gotten it. I opened it up and it came at my face like a bullet before buzzing away. Needless to say, it stayed away for a long time and we didn't see it. It scared me, though. I jumped back in the couch.

We have been teaching a recent convert's (Sammy) kids. They were very much weary of baptism and are very shy, but they have been a lot more open to us and the idea, the past week. We will be seeing them tonight. I hope it all goes well.

I met the Fresno temple president on Sunday. He came to visit the ward. It's handy for him, I guess, because he lives in Merced. Today is so busy. It's 3:30, and we still need to go grocery shopping and do our laundry. I'd better head off here. I hope everyone has a good week.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment