Monday, August 2, 2010

My 18-Month Mark

I hit my 18-month mark on Wednesday. How weird is that! In answer, pretty weird. I'm still determined never to say "Oh, a little over a year," when someone asks me how long I've been out, but it's getting tiresome with everyone following up with, "Oh! You're almost done, then. How exciting!" Gah! I'm not the type to be like "No...I want to be on my mission forever! I can't go back to the real world!", but still. I have another six months to work and do what I can. That's not almost done at all. Anyway, the week has been well.


I went on an exchange with one of the elders in my district on Wednesday, and I'll be going on two more this week. I really don't mind them at all. I like not having to do several nights of nightly planning. I've never been much good at planning out the next day's activities. I've gotten much better, but I prefer watching as someone else does it, with me taking care of whatever I need to get done. Elder Nelson was sick for parts of a couple days this week. He's alright now, but it did give me a little bit of time to get the apartment cleaned and in some kind of order. It looks much nicer and I can find things, now.


We're doing a zone activity, this afternoon, where we're playing volleyball. I like volleyball better than dodge ball. It isn't likely to hurt as much. I don't mind getting hit as much as how much my whole body, along with my throwing arm hurts, hurling kickballs at one another. Volleyball should be good.

How is the weather back home? It's been in the 90/100s lately. I really hardly ever feel it anymore. It's not nearly as bad in Merced as it was in Visalia. I'm not nearly as whiny of a person as I was a year ago, either. (Notice I say 'not nearly as whiny.' I'm still whiny, but not as bad.) Elder Nelson is also getting used to it, as much as he hates to admit it. It's mostly only when it's really hot that he'll make comment about it.


I had a dream last night that one of the companionships in my district told me that they had 8 investigators with a baptismal date because they just set it up with a family of 7, in addition to the one they had. I'm hoping that was some kind of premonition, but I'm guessing it's wishful thinking. It'd be great, though. The mission has a goal of 200 baptized for the month of August. It's pretty much what we need to get on track for 1200 in the year. Last year in August...I don't remember what the total was, but I think it was like 120 or something. It was more than the mission had ever seen before--until this past December. Anyway, this coming up week should be great. I hope, as always, that you are all doing well, also. Bye

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment