Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I wrecked my bike.

It's starting to get more rainy. So far it's been pretty good. I don't mind gentle rains, which it is mostly here. Even when it pours, the raindrops are still quite small. It's just a lot of little drops. Every once in awhile we'll have a real downpour with big drops and the works, but it isn't the usual thing. It's Elder Goodsell's birthday, today. He's 20, and is pretty excited about it. It kind of reminds me of Jason, a bit. We have a couple people set up for tonight that know it's his birthday, along with the lessons. I'm sure it'll be recognized and everything. I wrecked my bike this week! It was a real blow to my pride--an even bigger blow to my pride than my body and bike. It's the first time I have ever wrecked my bike, which was a pretty good accomplishment and I was hoping that I would never do it. There was a storm drain grate that is broken or too small or something that my front tire went into and I almost went over the handlebars. I was able to go sideways, somehow, and only landed on my side. My front wheel got messed up and both sets of brakes. They're mostly fixed, now, but I may have to have the bike shop look at that back brake...I'll look at it again today. Apart from that, I skinned my hand a bit, my right leg got scraped up by the front gears, and my left leg is kind of bruised and swollen in places from my bike (and me) landing on it. I'm ok, though. Like I said, it was mostly my pride that got hurt, thankfully. I need a little humbling every now and then. I did a couple exchanges this past week and will be doing two more this week. Today, like I say every week, is going to be very hectic. I have a lot of cleaning and other things to take care of. It'll get done, though. Last week, they wanted to go play basketball and it was a waste of a needed day. I have to go, but I love you all.

I'm on the 15 minute computer again. This is the second time I've logged onto it, so I have to do my emailing in spurts and hope no one reserves the computer. The week went pretty well. We still haven't been able to meet with Erin, which is really a bummer. We're going to call her member sister today and try to get that going, again. We had stake conference, yesterday. It was...pretty boring. There were one or two interesting things in the talks, but it was overall pretty boring. One guy from our ward spent his talk expounding the book of Revelation about the seals and the eyes and the horns and the books, etc. It was...interesting. We had several investigators there, though, so that was good. None of the ones there are progressing toward baptism, though, so that's too bad. Maybe they will, though. Who knows. Our mission president's wife and another senior sister have been touring the mission to certain areas and doing apartment checks. It has always been the zone leaders that do transfer apartment checks to check up on their cleanliness, but they were doing something special. They stopped by our apartment, and although overall it looked pretty good, there were a lot of things they were asking for that was mostly deep cleaning things...and a few regular maintenance issues. It's all about having time for it though. I just need to be using all my time effectively like I used to do. Today will be a lot of cleaning after I get all the preliminary things done--mostly finishing the district meeting agenda and things like that that I have sitting around. I also have some sewing I really need to do. I have a couple pairs of pants that I can't wear because they need sewing that badly, which shows just how bad it has gotten. Not too, too much is happening right now that's too exciting, but I will be sure to make exciting things happen. Have a great week everyone!

I asked my mission president again about Christmas CDs because apparently the music policy has changed a bit. It doesn't necessarily have to be an LDS artist. If you could sent the Josh Groban: Noel and the Christmas In Europe CDs again, when you get home of course, that would be outstanding. I was excited to hear that they are now allowed. My bike's problems now aren't due to it breaking just because it stinks, but from an alternate source, which is nice. Like I said in the other email. It's ok mostly. I just need to do something about that back brake. Hopefully it won't take too much. You're on the train right now. The Amtrak comes through Merced all the time with three or four cars on it. I always love seeing it pass by. I'm pretty sure I never came through central CA before, but just on the coast, but I don't know. Either way it's interesting to see. I love you both--out of time

Love,

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment