Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yosemite was amazing!!

La-de-da-de-da...I'm walking from priesthood opening exercises to elders quorum in another room, passing the foyer..."Tom!" I come across Tom Wilson and his wife and kids. It's really kind of freaky, the worlds colliding like that. We talked for a little while, took a few pictures, then we went on with our days. He was visiting Jeff, who was blessing his baby in the branch.

Yosemite was amazing! It's absolutely gorgeous. All places have beauty, but this place really does. All of the mountains are granite that had been carved by a glacier, so even the sheer rock themselves are all sorts of colors. The waterfalls weren't rushing, but most of them were still going. We took a lot of pictures and climbed on a lot of rocks and had a good time. It was really really good to get out into the country and far out of the city. It puts everything into perspective.

We set a couple new baptism dates last week. One of them is for the 17th (Sunday) and the other is for the 27th of November. We should be having three baptisms this weekend, when all goes well. A lot of preparation still needs to be done. I'll write more about them later.

I got to do some interviews for these four youth in the Hmong branch, then on Sunday we attended their baptisms. Their ages ranged from 9-16, so it was kind of fun determining how I should approach all of them, especially when asking about the law of chastity. They're good kids.

All of the transfers went well. The work is moving forward and is doing very well, here. It's really good to see that, too. At the end of this transfer I'll have been here for about 6 months or so. This is the longest I've stayed in any one area. I only have two more transfers after this, so I'll likely have one more area, somewhere. I have to get rushing, but I hope everyone has a great week!
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment