Monday, November 15, 2010

November 1, 2010

How is your trip here in California? I hope you're having a great time. I can't believe you were in Merced! That's crazy. The Amtrak passes by on the tracks all the time. What time, about, did you pass through? Do you remember?

I don't have a lot of time on the email today. I have had a full hour, but the missionary department had us all doing a mandatory Preach My Gospel survey that took a really long time. We had a great thing happen this week. I was on an exchange with an elder in the district (It's all in the same city, so we're all right next to each other. There's no going from city to city, here.) on Wednesday, and I ran into Erin, the investigator that was going to be baptized and then she got embarrassed, walking home from school. I talked to her a little, but then she stormed off. I talked to her sister on the phone the next day and was trying to figure out what could be done to help her. A couple days later we were at the stake’s Trunk or Treat activity (which went well and was a lot of fun) and she surprised us by being there with a smile on her face, apologizing for the way she acted. She was just embarrassed. I'm not sure if I told you the details of that whole situation. I don't have the time right now to do it, but let me know if you don't know about it. We have an appointment with her tomorrow night. It'll be really good to be teaching her again. She shows a lot of promise. I went on another exchange last week and will be going on another this week. That'll be the last of them.

I got so much done last night. We had to be in at 6:00 for Halloween, and that allotted me lots of time to get everything done. It was the end of the day, and the end of the week, and also the end of the month, so there was a lot of paperwork and reporting over the phone that took a long time. I also got things straightened up around my desk, a few little projects done, and district meeting sorted out for this week. I still have a million things to do, but they are getting done. This week is going to go really well. We have made a lot of goals to really pick things up from what they've been. It'll be exciting. I hope you two have a great trip for the rest of it. I look forward to hearing from you. I love you both.

Love,

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment