Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

I'm glad you're home and had a good trip. The Ring Christmas Bells CD is just the case. I still have the cd in a case, here. I would like the Christmas In Europe and the Josh Groban: Noel. That should be sufficient. I hear you're celebrating Thanksgiving this Saturday at Jeanette's. I still can't believe it's been two years since I got my mission call. I think I got it on November 14th or somewhere around there. I'd have to check my old journal. I'll write the rest in my email and letter. I love you both.

Love,

Aaron

Holy cow...I'm staying. This will be my fifth transfer here in the Merced 3rd Ward. I'm excited because I pretty much really wanted to stay. There were a few reasons I wanted to get transferred, but overall I really wanted to stay. Elder Goodsell is going down to Visalia 1st, one of my old areas. Two other elders in the district are heading to Modesto 8th and Visalia 2nd, also two my areas. It was pretty weird. I really am glad I'm staying. I still have a few things I really need to do while I'm here. I know it.

Well, we had a zone conference with Elder Skybrowski of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy and his wife there. It was good. We got chastised about a few things, and it was overall a good experience. Their son had served in the mission and had been an assistant a few years ago. Their son and his wife were there and spoke a bit. I met his son earlier in the year at a baptism in Modesto. It was someone he had taught years before who finally got baptized, so he and his companion at the time both came back to baptize one each. It was pretty cool.

Due to having zone conference with a General Authority this past week, transfer calls were late. During that week, President Gonzalez would normally be at the transfer board (a board that has all the areas and our pictures on felt or something). Instead, he had three of the days where he was at zone conferences. We didn't get calls until this morning. All the elders in the district were constantly calling..."Helloo.....where are the transfer calls...?" I basically told them to endure to the end and they'll come when they come. I'm jaded to the calls by now, I think.

We had a goal in the zone for everyone to set a baptism date with someone new and also to bring someone to a baptism that was happening in the district. We didn't have anyone, then on Sunday a lady brought her son to church and he said he wanted to get taught and baptized. Now, he isn't the most golden investigator, but he seems very sincere. He also came to the baptism that happened last night. It was pretty neat to see. Also, that baptism, I had been on an exchange last transfer and had taught her a lesson that was one of the best I had ever been in. It was really neat to be there. I have to run because I have no time left, but everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment