Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I am kind of amazed that it's Christmas-time. That's wonderful, of course. We still don't have any definite plans for Christmas itself, except where we will be spending our Christmas dinner. I may have said it last week, but it's a great family and it'll be great. I still don't know what movie we'll be watching, though. They lightened the restriction on it, this year. They also added some. It can't be longer than two hours, but it can be PG if it's animated...like some Disney- or Pixar-type. We'll probably be watching Toy Story 3. We'll see, though. It warrants further discussion.

We will be using our cell phones to call home, as it falls on a Saturday and I think they have the free nights and weekends thing on the phones. I'm not sure exactly when the call will take place. I'll make it after 3:00 central, though. I'll try to keep it some time in the early-ish afternoon like that. I'm looking forward to that, of course.

It's strange, hearing about things like snow and freezing rain. It's winter-time here (ok, technically it is still fall for another day or two or something)...I know it's winter-time because it's in the 40s and it's raining a lot. When I say raining a lot, what I actually mean is often--well, even then, I mean non-stop. For the most part, it's a light rain, sprinkle, or drizzle, constantly. It's very gloomy outside. That's ok, though, because that's better than it pouring on me while I'm racing my bike around. I haven't seen snow since I was in Provo, unless you count on the distant mountains.

This past week was really great, actually. We had four more baptisms in the district, including one for the senior couple up in Mariposa. They have been struggling for awhile and it was really great to hear that their baptism went through. We had an amazing thing happen Friday night. Our teamup stopped off at his house and came out with a huge bag full of home-made chocolate chip cookies. Then when we got home, there was a plate of treats in a bag on our door handle from another couple. Then another family walks over in the rain to give us a plate of fudge. All of that happened within about 30-45 minutes of each other. That very afternoon I was thinking, "Wow...I need some cookies." Now, granted, that was not really a need. I wasn't depressed. I wasn't having a blood-sugar crash. I just really wanted some cookies. The Lord provides, I guess. We also had a bunch of people that came to church that was really good to see them there. I have no go because I have no more time left. I'll talk to most everyone on Saturday!

Merry Christmas!!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment