Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Three Weeks?!?!

It's been a crazy week. We had a specialized training series for mission leadership at the mission office (a regular church building with half the building used as mission-related offices) from Tuesday to Friday. All four days, we didn't get home until maybe 5:30 or 6:00. It didn't allow for too much work to be done in our area. Elder Ramos was with another companionship all four of those days, while I was away. We had five elders fitting into a Malibu and driving for an hour each way for four days. That part wasn't all that much fun as I was in the back, but looking back on it, it was an adventure. It was enjoyable and I learned a lot and had good insights.

On Saturday, we went down to Madera to work in the church's welfare grape vineyard. It's time to prune the vineyard. I mostly raked out the dead stuff and cleaned it up. I didn't do too much cutting. I left there with a bad case of allergies. As soon as I got home, it all hit me and hasn't left me yet. It really isn't any fun. I'll get over it though. It was new, being in the vineyard when it was all barren and no leaves or grapes. It was one big tangled mess of grape canes all over the place.

I got my flight itinerary the other day and I guess I don't get back into St. Louis until 11:10 at night on Feb 9th. That seems awfully late to me, but I guess it'll all work out. I have another three weeks on my mission. That seems very close all the sudden. I'm actually far more focused on my purpose than I thought I would be. I have my trunky moments and times when my mind wanders off to fantasy land about the books and movies and activities I'll get to do, but most of the time I'm in the here and now. I'm keeping very busy.

As yesterday was MLK Day, the libraries were closed. We got back to the apartment much earlier than we usually would have and had a good six hours to get things done. We both cleaned like crazy. Well, I'm the one that cleaned like crazy, but my companion helped here and there too. The place looks totally different because we had let it get into a kind of disaster state. With hours of intense work, however, it looks really good. It isn't anywhere remotely adequate for how I think it should be, but it's many steps closer.

We have several people who we're working with right now, but none so far that show any real progression. We're still working on that one. Overall things are going very well and I hope everything is likewise for everyone else.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment